Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Has anyone had success with requests from St. Helena?

  • Leonard Meek
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
      Nancy, it's been a few years since I got information from the Island, and I think the lady who was doing the research at the time has retired. There was a fee and it did take a few months for the reply.because she was apparently working alone. The information she gave me was enlightening, and cleared up a lot of handed down misinformation on my ancestors. I beleive Karen Henry is the current archivist. She can be contacted at: archives@...

      Leonard
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
        Hi Nancy,
        Please be patient, it took this long (longer, if I remember!) for me to receive a reply. When I received it, it was evident a lot of work had been made to prepare it (hand written hierarchy of my family history)
        David.

        In a message dated 03/01/2013 08:39:56 GMT Standard Time, njnunez@... writes:

        Hello all,
        Happy New Year!  I am hoping someone could write to the list and give us an example of the experiences (hopefully positive ones) on requests sent to St. Helena for their genealogy?  I wrote a few months ago, possibly 4 or 5 now and haven't heard a thing.

        Thank you.
        Sincerely,
        Nancy-Jo Nunez

      • lebretonbotha
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
          Hi,

          I have found archivist Karen Henry very helpful. Her e-mail address is archives@... You will have to pay a very reasonable fee for any searches requested.

          Regards

          le Breton Botha

        • su.monkey@virgin.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
            I requested some information around 5 years ago, it took them approx. 14 months to return with the info, which wasn’t terribly comprehensive.
            Sorry that it wasn’t a more positive reply to your enquiry.

            Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:56 AM

            I have also requested some info and paid to have this carried out about 6 months ago and havent heard a thing either, would really love to find out info on my Husbands Grandmother as know one has any info on her