Has anyone had success with requests from St. Helena?

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 2, 2013
      Hello all,
      Happy New Year!  I am hoping someone could write to the list and give us an example of the experiences (hopefully positive ones) on requests sent to St. Helena for their genealogy?  I wrote a few months ago, possibly 4 or 5 now and haven't heard a thing.

      Thank you.
      Sincerely,
      Nancy-Jo Nunez
    • Alan & ellen faye Yarker
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
        I have also requested some info and paid to have this carried out about 6 months ago and havent heard a thing either, would really love to find out info on my Husbands Grandmother as know one has any info on her

        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
          Nancy, it's been a few years since I got information from the Island, and I think the lady who was doing the research at the time has retired. There was a fee and it did take a few months for the reply.because she was apparently working alone. The information she gave me was enlightening, and cleared up a lot of handed down misinformation on my ancestors. I beleive Karen Henry is the current archivist. She can be contacted at: archives@...

          Leonard

          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
            Hi Nancy,
            Please be patient, it took this long (longer, if I remember!) for me to receive a reply. When I received it, it was evident a lot of work had been made to prepare it (hand written hierarchy of my family history)
            David.

            In a message dated 03/01/2013 08:39:56 GMT Standard Time, njnunez@... writes:

            Hello all,
            Happy New Year!  I am hoping someone could write to the list and give us an example of the experiences (hopefully positive ones) on requests sent to St. Helena for their genealogy?  I wrote a few months ago, possibly 4 or 5 now and haven't heard a thing.

            Thank you.
            Sincerely,
            Nancy-Jo Nunez

          • lebretonbotha
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
              Hi,

              I have found archivist Karen Henry very helpful. Her e-mail address is archives@... You will have to pay a very reasonable fee for any searches requested.

              Regards

              le Breton Botha

            • su.monkey@virgin.net
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 3, 2013
                I requested some information around 5 years ago, it took them approx. 14 months to return with the info, which wasn’t terribly comprehensive.
                Sorry that it wasn’t a more positive reply to your enquiry.

                Sent: Thursday, January 03, 2013 8:56 AM