William Walter Henry Benjamin's family

  • Michael Sharp
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 14, 2012
      I am researching the family tree of William Walter Henry Benjamin he was born 28 Aug 1832 in St Helena Died in Durban, South Africa on 19 Sep 1925. He married Ruth Yon who was born 19 Jul 1826 St Helena
      Died Durban on 7 Aug 1904. They married in St Helena on 2 Jun 1857. They had 13 children

      Ana Rebecca Benjamin 1860 – 1930
      Alfred Benjamin 1863 –
      Henry Benjamin 1866 – 1943
      Cornelius Henry Benjamin 1867 – 1930
      Edith Emily Benjamin 1871 – 1926
      Luther Charles Benjamin 1873 – 1935
      Phillip Andrew Benjamin 1875 – 1931
      Walter Charles Benjamin 1879 – 1947
      Gertrude Benjamin 1881 –

      They arrived on the PASSENGERS PER SCHOONER OCEAN RANGER FROM ST HELENA: Arrived Natal May 5 1874

      If anyone has any information on any of the above before or after they moved it would be greatly appreciated.

      Mick Sharp.
    • John Gardiner
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 12, 2013
        Hi, Michael.

        I see one of William Walter's children is called Cornelius Henry Benjamin born in 1867. Have you found any connection at all between William Walter and another Cornelius Benjamin, maybe a brother?

        This other Cornelius Benjamin was the husband of Elizabeth Caesar, daughter of Margaret and Samuel Caesar (my greatX4 grandparents) and he is named as informant on the respective death certificates of Margaret (1886) and Samuel (1877).

        Best regards,

        John