Researching on old travel documents

  • albana04
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 9, 2012
      Hello everyone

      I am currently doing some research on the old historical documents that have been issued in Saint Helena for the purpose of international travel.

      I am interested to learn about what was issued up until the 1980s. Can anyone tell me if these were black British style passports and did they have "Government of Saint Helena" or "Colony of Saint Helena" written on the front cover?

      Thank you,
      Dr. Sean Turner
    • mandy tottoh
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 9, 2012
        Hi,  my mother's passport, issued in 1955, is in black and white, Government of St Helena.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2013
          Hello

          It was very interesting to learn of the design of these old travel documents.

          If any members would be interested to provide an example of an old expired passport from St Helena to assist with my research, I could offer US $120 as a fee.

          Some related documents that I have collected can be seen exhibited on this Flickr page:

          http://www.flickr.com/photos/32258385@N05/7825380348/sizes/h/in/photostream/

          Thanks for your help
          Dr. Sean Turner