Toby, The Slave part 2

  • Ed Storey
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2012
      I should have added that in the 1819 publication, a William Balcomb (sic) was listed at the "Superintendant of public sales (at home)"  He is in a list with the goaler and the company's gardener, as well as the "superintendant of company's land"

      ECS
    • A.H.Schulenburg
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2012
        The Balcombes are hardly a mystery.

        Regards,
        Alexander

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2012
          The only problem is there are multiple errors on this website
          All the best
          Caroline
          from family of William Balcombe of "The Briars"

          On 7/11/2012 2:40 AM, A.H.Schulenburg wrote:
          > The Balcombes are hardly a mystery.
          > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_Balcombe
          > Regards,
          > Alexander

        • A.H.Schulenburg
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
            Well, as anyone can edit Wikipedia, here is your chance to fix them. :-)

            Alexander

            The only problem is there are multiple errors on this website
            All the best
            Caroline
            from family of William Balcombe of "The Briars"

            On 7/11/2012 2:40 AM, A.H.Schulenburg wrote:
            > The Balcombes are hardly a mystery.
            > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Betsy_Balcombe
            > Regards,
            > Alexander

            <*> Your email settings:
                Individual Email | Traditional

            <*> To change settings online go to:
                (Yahoo! ID required)

            <*> To change settings via email:
                st-helena-genealogy-digest@yahoogroups.com
                st-helena-genealogy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Caroline Gaden
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 7, 2012
              Yes I could but I've been too busy writing a couple of history books...
              when I find time I may get round to it, just need a longer day!!!
              Caroline