Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] progress on Jamestown archives digitisation

  • Caroline Gaden
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2012
      Thanks for drawing our attention to this web site

      http://www.sainthelena.gov.sh/news.php/716/progress-on-archives-digitisation

      where it states

      “The digitisation of the St Helena Archives is such a worthwhile
      project. The end result will be a durable record that can be accessed by
      tourists and academics alike at both the Archives and Research Centre at
      the Museum."

      Whilst I agree the digitisation is wonderful in terms of preservation of
      the information I'm very disappointed if this digitised copy will have
      to be viewed at just the Archives or Museum on the Island. Will it be
      possible for those of us who are overseas to ever access these records???
      Caroline

      Researching Balcombe from The Briars