Family name: Fagan

  • Alan Hale
    Message 1 of 12 , Oct 15, 2012
      Dear Member
      My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.

      I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on saint Helena with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.

      I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.

      Thank you in anticipation.

      Alan

      Alan Hale

    • artoriousellis
      Message 2 of 12 , Oct 18, 2012
        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale <hale_alan@...> wrote:

        > Dear Member
        > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
        >
        > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on saint Helena with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
        >
        > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
        >
        > Thank you in anticipation.
        >
        > Alan
        >
        > Alan Hale

        Hi Alan,
        What a wonderful thing to be able to do. I am also related to the same family through Edward Joseph Fagan (brother to Emily Louisa),he was my ggrandfather.He married Eva Edith Yon_Wallace & moved to Durban South Africa in 1920.The family is quite large & spread out.I & my family live in Australia.I would love to travel to St Helena as the other side of my family "Ellis,also came from the Island & settled in Pietermaritzburg.I have done quite a bit of research & have a lot of info if you are interested.Please let me know if you are.
        Regards
        Rob Ellis
      • Alan Hale
        Message 3 of 12 , Oct 21, 2012
          Hello Rob
          Many, many thanks for your very kind response. It was good to hear from you.

          If you have got any family history you are willing to share, I would be more than grateful to receive it.

          Best wishes

          Alan

          > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
          >
          > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on saint Helena with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
          >
          > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
          >
          > Thank you in anticipation.
          >
          > Alan
          >
          > Alan Hale

          Hi Alan,
          What a wonderful thing to be able to do. I am also related to the same family through Edward Joseph Fagan (brother to Emily Louisa),he was my ggrandfather.He married Eva Edith Yon_Wallace & moved to Durban South Africa in 1920.The family is quite large & spread out.I & my family live in Australia.I would love to travel to St Helena as the other side of my family "Ellis,also came from the Island & settled in Pietermaritzburg.I have done quite a bit of research & have a lot of info if you are interested.Please let me know if you are.
          Regards
          Rob Ellis

        • Nancy
          Message 4 of 12 , Oct 23, 2012
            Mr Hale:  It would be great if you could visit the library in st Helena to determine if they have copies of old newspapers or other information of interest to genealogists.

            It might even be good to find someone others could email who would do lookups for a reasonable fee.

            Ed Storey

            Sent from my iPad

            On Oct 18, 2012, at 9:22 PM, "artoriousellis" <artoriousellis@...> wrote:

            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale <hale_alan@...> wrote:

            > Dear Member
            > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
            >
            > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on saint Helena with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
            >
            > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
            >
            > Thank you in anticipation.
            >
            > Alan
            >
            > Alan Hale

            Hi Alan,
            What a wonderful thing to be able to do. I am also related to the same family through Edward Joseph Fagan (brother to Emily Louisa),he was my ggrandfather.He married Eva Edith Yon_Wallace & moved to Durban South Africa in 1920.The family is quite large & spread out.I & my family live in Australia.I would love to travel to St Helena as the other side of my family "Ellis,also came from the Island & settled in Pietermaritzburg.I have done quite a bit of research & have a lot of info if you are interested.Please let me know if you are.
            Regards
            Rob Ellis

          • Caroline Gaden
            Message 5 of 12 , Oct 26, 2012
              The archives in Jamestown have some glorious resources but they close
              each day at 3.30pm, round about the time you get back from the tours ...
              your time on the Island will be limited depending on RMS schedule, if
              you want to 'see all the sights' you will have to juggle your time
              carefully. Shops are closed Wednesday afternoons but archives still open.
              It is a beautiful place, enjoy!
              Caroline researching William Balcombe of 'The Briars'.

              On 24/10/2012 10:51 AM, Nancy wrote:
              > Mr Hale: It would be great if you could visit the library in st Helena
              > to determine if they have copies of old newspapers or other information
              > of interest to genealogists.
              >
              > It might even be good to find someone others could email who would do
              > lookups for a reasonable fee.
              >
              > Ed Storey
              >

              > Sent from my iPad
              >
              > On Oct 18, 2012, at 9:22 PM, "artoriousellis"
              > <artoriousellis@... <mailto:artoriousellis@...>> wrote:
              >

              >> --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
              >> <mailto:st-helena-genealogy%40yahoogroups.com>, Alan Hale
              >> <hale_alan@...> wrote:
              >> >
              >> > Dear Member
              >> > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank
              >> Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17
              >> April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island
              >> on 17 December 1929.
              >> >
              >> > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who
              >> arrived on saint Helena with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
              >> >
              >> > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a
              >> childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.
              >> Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
              >> >
              >> > Thank you in anticipation.
              >> >
              >> > Alan
              >> >
              >> > Alan Hale
              >> >
              >> Hi Alan,
              >> What a wonderful thing to be able to do. I am also related to the same
              >> family through Edward Joseph Fagan (brother to Emily Louisa),he was my
              >> ggrandfather.He married Eva Edith Yon_Wallace & moved to Durban South
              >> Africa in 1920.The family is quite large & spread out.I & my family
              >> live in Australia.I would love to travel to St Helena as the other
              >> side of my family "Ellis,also came from the Island & settled in
              >> Pietermaritzburg.I have done quite a bit of research & have a lot of
              >> info if you are interested.Please let me know if you are.
              >> Regards
              >> Rob Ellis
              >>

              > No virus found in this message.

            • Alan Hale
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 9, 2013
                Dear Member
                My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.

                I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on the island with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.

                I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.

                Thank you in anticipation.

                Alan

                Alan Hale

              • Nancy-Jo Nunez

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jan 10, 2013
                    Hi Alan,

                    I did the same trip for the same reasons last year.  Give me a call on British time any day after 2pm - 0044 1242 890517.

                    I'll give you some useful tips!

                    Roger

                    Message 9 of 12 , Mar 3, 2013
                      Hi Alan,
                      I wish I were in your shoes , my Great grandfather was Emily Louisa`s brother,Edward.I would one day like to visit the Island but it would be quite an undertaking from Brisbane.I have a great deal I would like to find out about my family so I will have to make the trip one day.
                      Enjoy,Regards
                      Rob

                      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale <hale_alan@...> wrote:

                      > Dear Member
                      >
                      > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
                      >
                      > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on the island with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
                      >
                      > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
                      >
                      > Thank you in anticipation.
                      >
                      > Alan
                      >
                      > Alan Hale

                    • John Coyle
                      Message 10 of 12 , Mar 5, 2013

                        Hi Rob – where in Brisbane? I’m in New Farm!

                        John

                        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Alan Hale wrote:

                        > Dear Member
                        >
                        > My grandmother (Emily Louisa Fagan) married my grandfather (Frank Thomas Partridge), a Royal Marine stationed on Saint Helena, on 17 April 1928. My mother (Leonora Mona Partridge) was born on the island on 17 December 1929.
                        >
                        > I have traced the Fagan family back to William Hunt Fagan who arrived on the island with the Saint Helena Regiment in 1842.
                        >
                        > I am visiting Saint Helena from the UK in March 2013 to fulfil a childhood dream to see the island plus research my family connections.  Any help or advice would be very much appreciated please.
                        >
                        > Thank you in anticipation.
                        >
                        > Alan
                        >
                        > Alan Hale

                      • artoriousellis
                        Message 11 of 12 , Mar 16, 2013
                          Hi John,
                          I am in Sinnamon Park(near Jindalee). What family names are you researching from St Helena?
                          Regards
                          Rob
                          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "John Coyle" <jcoyle@...> wrote:

                          > Hi Rob – where in Brisbane? I'm in New Farm!
                          >

                          > John

                        • John Coyle
                          Message 12 of 12 , Mar 17, 2013

                            Hi Rob – I’m not actually researching family names, my interest in the group lies in my having lived on the island from 1967-69: my initial thought was that I might be able to help with enquiries, but most of them are related to much earlier times.

                            I do have one question: sometime in the 1940’s or early 1950’s my grandmother hosted a St. Helenian lady named Joan at her house in Hutton, in Essex, and my mother cannot recall the surname – obviously I am curious as to who it might have been.

                            Regards