Family history Hudson Ralph Janisch

  • Dorothy Baynham
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2012
      Hello

      I am tracing my Baynham family history and would welcome any help with
      some details. I have found a lot of information about Hudson and his
      governorship online. Henry Baynham married Mary Ann Janisch in I think
      1881. I don't know where they married, and how or where Henry - a
      Royal Naval officer - and Mary met. Back in England they had 9
      children, one of whom was my Grandmother. Henry and Mary Ann were
      living with her in Dorset when they died in 1933, within a month of
      each other.

      Any information to 'flesh out the bones' will be much appreciated.

      With thanks

      Dorothy (Dottie) Baynham
    • Marian Press
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 3, 2012

        Dorothy:

        If you reply to me off list (marian.press@...) I can give you lots of information on the Janisch family – they married into my Greentree family as well.

        I have 1882 for Henry and Mary Ann’s marriage – although from a secondary source. (Roots and Recollections by Hugh Janisch, quoted in The Seales of the Island of St. Helena, Carolyn Colleen Eldredge)

        Marian Press