RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] St Helena BMD

  • Susan Cockcroft
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 24, 2005
      Herewith details for Carol :

      Carol Archibald
      Historical Papers
      William Cullen Library
      University of the Witwatersrand
      Private Bag X1
      PO Wits 2050
      South Africa
      Tel: +27 11 717 1940
      Fax:+27 11 339 4137
      e-mail: Archibald.C@...

      From: deborah jenkins [mailto:debvaljenkins@...]
      Sent: 24 February 2005 12:24 PM
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] St Helena BMD

      hi abby!
      couls you please re run the place to get info on st helena. i seem to be struggling to find whitewater?
      cheers deb

      Abby Young <spoyledbratt43@...> wrote:
      Dear D, for a minute there I thought perhaps it was my grandma Mary Ann Moyce but shucks its not. The best place to get information though is Whitwatersrand University in South Africa. Carol Archibald is the one to contact. She is a wonderful lady who can give you some assistance. For some reason the records from the island are there on that campus. Good luck

      DarkTagnon <GalaxyJane@...> wrote:

      Further to my earlier message, I think I now have a surname for my
      great great grandmother Mary Ann. According to the 1851 UK census
      she is named Mary Ann Mason Roscoe, so I presume Mason was her
      maiden name. She would have been born in or around 1825. is there
      any way I could get further information?
                           Sincerely,

      http://www.st-helena.org

      http://mail.yahoo.com

      http://www.st-helena.org