Richard Phillips

  • keith
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 4, 2012
      Hello group. My first post after specifically joining to research our ancestors (who we hadnt realised came from St Helena).
      I'll list what we know (everything we have been able to source from BL, FOSH & usual UK ancestry records) in the hope that forum member can add something, either directly about our family, or by way of useful background info. So thanks for looking at least!

      Richard Phillips (father) born abt 1795. Slave of Mr G Lambe. Married Ann Bagley (b1791, free, daughter of John Bagley) in 1829. Children, Richard born 1824 or 1829 and possibly Jessey. Left the Island before 1839. No trace I can find thereafter of the father, his wife Ann, or Jessey.

      Richard Phillips (son), turns up as a Pot Cleaner in the Kings Arms, Fulham Rd in 1951. Married to Elizabeth from Cheltenham who is working as a domestic servant around the corner. Cannot find a marriage record.
      Three children Frederick, Richard & Alice. Last two die quite young. Elizabeth dies before 1861. Richard remarries to a Georgina Knowles (nee Anslow) and dies in 1902. We are descended from Frederick.

      Again, thanks for looking and grateful for any inputs!

      Keith