Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Alexander Connor

  • Margaret Connor
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2012
      Hello Christine
      thanks so much for the tip  its seems as if you have hit the nail on the head, the date of birth that I have for Alexander Connor taken from the headstone is 24 Dec 1831   the year is often out a bit but I am sure it is the same person, now atleast I have a starting point.
      unfortunately there were not documents handed down from him and I need to go to the archives to dig out more info with regards to his estate etc, its quite a lengthy proceedure and there is not much on line, at least now I know I am going in the right direction,
      thanks once again for the info
      regards
      Margaret

      From: margaretconnor695@...
      Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 21:19:44 +0000
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Alexander Connor

      Researching Connor family and found my husbands great grandfather Alexander Connor b abt1831 came from St Helena, wife Mary Ann b abt 1828, some of the children state place of birth as St Helena or England
      children, Kathleen Susan b 1857 John Florence b1858 Robert Laing b 1862
      Mary Ann b1865 The family settled in South Africa, can pick them up on the 1882 voters list
      I would be gratefull for any additional info or advice as to where I might find additional info