Thomas alexander Napaul (Nepaul)

  • Rhiannon
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2012
      Hi, I'm trying to trace my great grandfather and his family who I think were living in St Helena around 1900. His name was thomas Alexander Napaul and emigrated to Wales. I believe he worked for Thomas Lipton. If anyone has any information please get in touch.
      Thanks
      Rhiannon
      Sent from my iPhone
    • mohcoe
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2012
        I have looked his name up and found him on 1911 census born about 1880 in St Helena he had a wife Elizabeth age 27 married 4 years she was born in Cardiff they had a daughter Irene age 2 born in Barry Glamorgan they lived at 3 Sydenham Street Cardiff Glamorgan he was a Ships Steward also found his death he was 54 and died in cardiff 1934 if you want his death cert it was in the months Oct/Nov/Dec vol 11A page 323 thats all I have managed to find out hope it helps

        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Rhiannon <rhiannonkingsley@...> wrote:

        > Hi, I'm trying to trace my great grandfather and his family who I think were living in St Helena around 1900. His name was thomas Alexander Napaul and emigrated to Wales. I believe he worked for Thomas Lipton. If anyone has any information please get in touch.
        > Thanks
        > Rhiannon
        > Sent from my iPhone

      • Rhiannon
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 12, 2012
          Thank you ever so much. That's very helpful. Was the 1911 census from st Helena? I am interested if he was native to st Helena or had come from elsewhere. We think the name Nepaul suggests he was originally from Nepal / India.

          Thanks once again for your help.
          Best wishes

          Sent from my iPhone

          On 11 Jun 2012, at 18:13, "mohcoe" <mohcoe@...> wrote:

          I have looked his name up and found him on 1911 census born about 1880 in St Helena he had a wife Elizabeth age 27 married 4 years she was born in Cardiff they had a daughter Irene age 2 born in Barry Glamorgan they lived at 3 Sydenham Street Cardiff Glamorgan he was a Ships Steward also found his death he was 54 and died in cardiff 1934 if you want his death cert it was in the months Oct/Nov/Dec vol 11A page 323 thats all I have managed to find out hope it helps

          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Rhiannon <rhiannonkingsley@...> wrote:

          > Hi, I'm trying to trace my great grandfather and his family who I think were living in St Helena around 1900. His name was thomas Alexander Napaul and emigrated to Wales. I believe he worked for Thomas Lipton. If anyone has any information please get in touch.
          > Thanks
          > Rhiannon
          > Sent from my iPhone

        • mohcoe