Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] the le Breton and the Francis families in St Helena

  • danyderi@tiscali.co.uk
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20, 2012
      Hi
      There still is a Jack Le Briton still living on the Island I think
      he lies in Wellington House Jamestown
      Good luck
      Derek George

      St Helena

      >Hello

      >I wonder if anyone has any knowledge or could point me in the right
      direction to find out more about my mother's ancestors.

      >My mother was Mary le Breton Francis, born on 18 January 1916 in
      Jamestown.

      >She was the daughter of David Henry Francis, born 0n 29 June 1888, and
      Anne le Breton, born on 6 September 1889. They were married on 22 July
      1912 and also had a son David le Breton Francis born on 28 April 1913.

      >All of the family may have been born in St Helena.

      >The family came to South Africa in about 1920. David Henry Francis
      worked for the Union Castle Shipping line both in St Helena and South
      Africa. He had a younger brother Dan (Daniel?) who also lived in South
      Africa.

      >Thanking you in anticipation of any assistance or advice you may
      have,

      >Sincerely

      >le Breton Botha

    • Le Breton Botha
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20, 2012
        Thanks so much for the clue.

        I am thinking of going to St Helena later this year to see what I can discover.

        Regards

        le Breton

        There still is a Jack Le Briton still living on the Island I think
        he lies in Wellington House Jamestown
        Good luck
        Derek George

      • Le Breton Botha
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 3, 2012
          Dear Derek

          Just a follow-up.

          I have at last discovered my le Breton roots in St Helena, and Pat le Briton's grand father was a brother to my grandmother. I have contacted Pat, and hope to meet him when I visit St Helena in March 2013.

          Once again, thanks for your encouragement.! I now need it for the Francis side of the family.

          Warm regards

          le Breton Francis Botha (aka Brett)