the le Breton and the Francis families in St Helena

  • lebretonbotha
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 20 3:56 AM
      Hello

      I wonder if anyone has any knowledge or could point me in the right direction to find out more about my mother's ancestors.

      My mother was Mary le Breton Francis, born on 18 January 1916 in Jamestown.

      She was the daughter of David Henry Francis, born 0n 29 June 1888, and Anne le Breton, born on 6 September 1889. They were married on 22 July 1912 and also had a son David le Breton Francis born on 28 April 1913.

      All of the family may have been born in St Helena.

      The family came to South Africa in about 1920. David Henry Francis worked for the Union Castle Shipping line both in St Helena and South Africa. He had a younger brother Dan (Daniel?) who also lived in South Africa.

      Thanking you in anticipation of any assistance or advice you may have,

      Sincerely

      le Breton Botha
    • danyderi@tiscali.co.uk
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 20 7:22 AM
        Hi
        There still is a Jack Le Briton still living on the Island I think
        he lies in Wellington House Jamestown
        Good luck
        Derek George

        St Helena

        >Hello

        >I wonder if anyone has any knowledge or could point me in the right
        direction to find out more about my mother's ancestors.

        >My mother was Mary le Breton Francis, born on 18 January 1916 in
        Jamestown.

        >She was the daughter of David Henry Francis, born 0n 29 June 1888, and
        Anne le Breton, born on 6 September 1889. They were married on 22 July
        1912 and also had a son David le Breton Francis born on 28 April 1913.

        >All of the family may have been born in St Helena.

        >The family came to South Africa in about 1920. David Henry Francis
        worked for the Union Castle Shipping line both in St Helena and South
        Africa. He had a younger brother Dan (Daniel?) who also lived in South
        Africa.

        >Thanking you in anticipation of any assistance or advice you may
        have,

        >Sincerely

        >le Breton Botha

      • Le Breton Botha
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 20 10:17 PM
          Thanks so much for the clue.

          I am thinking of going to St Helena later this year to see what I can discover.

          Regards

          le Breton

          There still is a Jack Le Briton still living on the Island I think
          he lies in Wellington House Jamestown
          Good luck
          Derek George

        • Le Breton Botha
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2012
            Dear Derek

            Just a follow-up.

            I have at last discovered my le Breton roots in St Helena, and Pat le Briton's grand father was a brother to my grandmother. I have contacted Pat, and hope to meet him when I visit St Helena in March 2013.

            Once again, thanks for your encouragement.! I now need it for the Francis side of the family.

            Warm regards

            le Breton Francis Botha (aka Brett)