Surname: James

  • rosinnevanrooi
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2012
      I'm desperately trying to find out anything about the 'James' surname. Apparently, my great- granddad was a slave from St Helena,and somehow ended up in a small town called Mossel Bay, on the south coast of Cape Province,South Africa. That's where we all ended up eventually!
      If anyone has any idea, please could you assist?

      Rosinne van Rooi (nee James)
    • Leonard Meek
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 14, 2012
        My G-G-G-Grandmother was Margaret James. She married Benjamin Magnett
        (Maggott). They were slaves of the East India Company. Don't know if that
        helps any.

        Leonard