Discovery of Famous Person in the St. Helena Burial Records

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2012
      Greetings!

      On Saturday, I went to the Family Search Library in my area to search burial, baptism, and marriage records from St.Helena from 1790-1835. I was searching for my Hopkins relatives and came across the burial record for Napoleon Bonaparte. It was a neat discovery and I called everyone in the library over to see my screen.

      I tried to capture the record on a photo. Napoleon died on the island about 1821. It looks like they just made his name larger than the other entries.

      I will try to upload the entry to the photo area.

      Linda Mehlinger
    • A.H.Schulenburg
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2012
        Linda,

        Those are always fun moment, even if we're usually not the first.

        Regards,
        Alexander

        On Saturday, I went to the Family Search Library in my area to search burial, baptism, and marriage records from St.Helena from 1790-1835. I was searching for my Hopkins relatives and came across the burial record for Napoleon Bonaparte.  It was a neat discovery and I called everyone in the library over to see my screen.

        I tried to capture the record on a photo.  Napoleon died on the island about 1821.  It looks like they just made his name larger than the other entries.

        I will try to upload the entry to the photo area.

        Linda Mehlinger

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            st-helena-genealogy-digest@yahoogroups.com
            st-helena-genealogy-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Linda
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2012
          Alexander,

          Thanks for the great link.  I enjoyed reading about Margaret Rodenberg and her findings.  While going through the lists, I felt as if I had known some of the names I came across.  After reading about someone's marriage, the birth of their kids, and then their death - you feel like you have been on journey with these folks.

          Thanks,

          Linda M.