Captain Robert Jenkins

  • Ian Jenkins
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2005
      I am a decendant of Captain Robert Jenkins,Who was Governer of St
      Helena in 1742, does anyone have any information on his time in the
      island, I have gathered from my family and other sources information
      on his earlier career and the famous/infamous ''war of jenkins ear''
      however things seem to be missing about his time on the island and
      his life after. If anyone knows of a portrait of him that would be a
      dream come true. If he did anything of note on the island that would
      be nice to know as well.Does anyone know if he was a red head as it
      is a family trait and it would be nice to see if it went as far back
      as him.I hope to hear from anyone on this subject or point me in the
      right direction.