Broadway Family

  • Mike Broadway
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 20, 2005
      Hello all,

      I am seeking information on Edwin Thomas Broadway reportedly born
      February 18, 1849 on St. Helena. He left the Island sometime in 1867
      and arrived in the United States probably in Galveston, Texas. He
      was living in Mobile, Alabama in 1870.

      Family tradition has it that Edwin had a twin brother who remained on
      the Island a while until he too left but was lost at sea.

      I can follow the genealogy from Edwin to myself here in the
      United States, but have not had any luck finding information about
      Edwin's life and family on St. Helena.

      Hope someone on the list can help.

      Thanks!
      Mike Broadway
    • briars70
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 23, 2005
        Caleb BROADWAY and Mary WATTS are listed as the parents of Mary
        BROADWAY born 06-MAR-1785 and died 1819, she is my 4th Great-
        Grandmother who married Amorett YOUNG in 1803. I am not sure if she
        had any brothers who could have produced your line.
        Michael Young
        South Australia