Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] 1827 Listing of Slaves

  • Leonard Meek
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 21, 2011
      John, last year you posted a request for info on the name, "Maggott." I have some tentative data on a Benjamin Maggott, who was my G-G-G-Grandfather. He was a slave for the East India Company. The name (in our case) was apparently changed to Magnett. There were at least two lines of Magnett descendants, one settling in New Bedford and the other in Hawaii. I'm sure there were others that I'm not aware of. I hope this helps.

      Leonard