Re: P & O Ships docking at St Helena

  • jcoyle@iinet.net.au
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 10, 2011
      Hi Janet et al - don't worry too much about being able to land at St. Helena !  I lived there from 1967-69, during which time I went on board most of the ships that arrived as part of my job: some 20 or more.  During that time we only had one cruise ship where not everyone could come ashore, as there was a bit of a swell and the master would only let fit people come.  We never had anyone fall in, as the boatmen are very skilled at getting the boat to the steps and helping people off.
      The island is very beautiful, and the people amongst the kindest I have ever lived amongst, so please go for it!
      Sorry this is a little late, I am currently in Italy on holiday from Australia.

      John Coyle, in Lucca