Re: Family Names

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 9, 2011
      I just checked the Friends of St. Helena Membership Board and there is a list of former slaves.  There are many people listed with the last name of YOU.  Do you still think that this is a mistake.

      Also, I ordered the film from the Family Search Library (Mormon Library).

      Linda
    • Caroline Gaden
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 9, 2011
        Hello All
        Those of you seeking information about Chinese heritage on the island
        should read 'St Helena The Chinese Connection' by Barbara B. George
        (self-published in 2002)ISBN 1 899489 22.
        Barbara and her husband Basil are very knowledgeable local historians,
        live on St Helena and run Magma Way Tours, historical tours on the Island
        All the best
        Caroline
      • Alice Van Mierlo
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 9, 2011
          Hi Marianne

          No I did not - sorry wish I could have been of further help.

          Alice