Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Family Names

  • A. Russ
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 8, 2011

      I have a friend who's last name is Yon, from St Helena. She lives in the UK.
      Alan

      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 9, 2011
        I just checked the Friends of St. Helena Membership Board and there is a list of former slaves.  There are many people listed with the last name of YOU.  Do you still think that this is a mistake.

        Also, I ordered the film from the Family Search Library (Mormon Library).

        Linda
      • Caroline Gaden
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 9, 2011
          Hello All
          Those of you seeking information about Chinese heritage on the island
          should read 'St Helena The Chinese Connection' by Barbara B. George
          (self-published in 2002)ISBN 1 899489 22.
          Barbara and her husband Basil are very knowledgeable local historians,
          live on St Helena and run Magma Way Tours, historical tours on the Island
          All the best
          Caroline
        • Alice Van Mierlo
          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 9, 2011
            Hi Marianne

            No I did not - sorry wish I could have been of further help.

            Alice

            You didn't come across a Lilian Young by any chance, did you?
            Regards, Marianne