Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] official - St Helena airport to be built

  • Leonard Meek
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011

      I hope St. Helena doesn't become another Waikiki, overrun with tourists.

      Leonard
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 6, 2011
        According to the link they expect the tourism numbers to increase from
        900 to 30,000.... where are all those people going to stay... currently
        there is the Consulate Hotel and Wellington House and a few other
        private places, nothing like the needed capacity... and they'll still
        need the ship for all the cargo....food, cement, cars, white goods...
        the island will need to make some major changes to their relaxed
        lifestyle.... shops may need to open longer just as one example....
        It'll be interesting to see....
        Caroline