Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] official - St Helena airport to be built

  • Roger Box
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011
      Don't expect Ryanair for £29 return!!!

      From: Alice Van Mierlo <AVanMierlo@...>
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, 4 November 2011, 14:29
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] official - St Helena airport to be built

      Yipee and thank you for letting me know - there is now some hope for me to yet visit the Island - thanks for the support. Nice to meet you good folks.

      Alice M. Van Mierlo
      Canada

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2011

        I hope St. Helena doesn't become another Waikiki, overrun with tourists.

        Leonard

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 6, 2011
          According to the link they expect the tourism numbers to increase from
          900 to 30,000.... where are all those people going to stay... currently
          there is the Consulate Hotel and Wellington House and a few other
          private places, nothing like the needed capacity... and they'll still
          need the ship for all the cargo....food, cement, cars, white goods...
          the island will need to make some major changes to their relaxed
          lifestyle.... shops may need to open longer just as one example....
          It'll be interesting to see....
          Caroline