Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Grant Family Tree

  • Vivien Chandler
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 17, 2005
      Wendy

      I'm sure you know this already, but Benjamin Grant married Sarah Stroud on St Helena in 1866.  She was the sister of my husband's great grandfather, Silas Stroud.  Their father, Stephen Stroud, arrived on the island from the UK in the 1820s.

      Regards
      Vivien Chandler

      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 20, 2005
        I have passed you e mail onto Carol Venables (ne Grant) , same line as the one you are researching.......Isebelle.

        Isebelle E Krauss(Lloyd)
        082 851 5648
        011 954 6666

      • Wendy Phillips
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2005

          Dear Vivien

          I am sorry I have taken so long in replying to your e-mail. The information I have with regard to Benjamin and Sarah are as follows:-

          Benjamin Grant (4th January 1841) married a Sarah Stroud (1837) on 15th March 1866 (St Helena)

          He died 26th February 1929 (aged 86)  She died 6th July 1905 (aged 68)

          Both died on St Helena

          They had six children on the island, as follows:-

          Male

          6th May 1868

          Louisa Palmer Grant

          21st January 1870

          Male

          13th February 1872

          Benjamin Edward Grant

          29th July 1873 – 1955

          Frederick Kempthorne Grant

          11th October 1875

          Neville Woodroe Grant

          29th October 1877

          Not sure if you can fill in the blanks of the other children.  Neville Grant was my husband grandfather, he died around 1948, not sure exactly as his mum is not very good with dates and Jeff would have been to young to remember.  I have found most of the family but not all.

          I do have a family photo of a wedding of one of the above, I think Sarah may be on it I will check and if she is forward it to you.

          Thanks

          Wendy