Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Passenger Lists

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 16, 2011
      Did anyone look up St. Helena on the www.familysearch.org site in their catalog to see what microfilm is available?

      From: "frankfcraig@..." <frankfcraig@...>
      To: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, October 7, 2011 9:59 AM
      Subject: Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Passenger Lists

      A lot of the ships were merchant: East India Trading Company?

      Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange
      From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
      Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000
      To: <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Passenger Lists

      Thanks for the website. However, I am looking for folks who may have left the UK between 1864 and 1870. This site starts with the year 1890.

      Any other thoughts?

      Thanks,

      Linda

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Clifford" <sthelena.postcards@...> wrote:

      > Hi thought you like like to go to http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
      > I have found people from the uk to St.Helena
      > Cliff
      >
      > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN" <j.augustus@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hello, my membership with the group is pending at the moment as I have just joined, but wanted to know what LDS stands for and if there are any other sites that would give genealogy informtion. Kindest regards, John.

    • Marianne iow
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 21, 2011
        To Nancy-Jo - I looked up to see what microfilms were available from 'Family Search' and tried to order some but they couldn't release them as they contained records up to 1935 and were therefore restricted.  It would seem you could request a photocopy of a page individually, if you knew which one!
        Regards, Marianne

        From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
        Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000