Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Passenger Lists

  • Caroline Gaden
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
      Not really an odd web site. St Helena was location of Halley's
      observatory and I believe Captain Cook may have done some astronomical
      observations there too
      Cheers
      Caroline

      On 8/10/2011 3:01 PM, Mars wrote:
      > I just ran across this page about the island -- in an odd location.
      > http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Saint_Helena
      > ona move!
      > Mars

    • Nancy-Jo Nunez
      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 16, 2011
        Did anyone look up St. Helena on the www.familysearch.org site in their catalog to see what microfilm is available?

        From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
        Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000
        To: <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
        Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Passenger Lists

        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Clifford" <sthelena.postcards@...> wrote:

        > Hi thought you like like to go to http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
        > I have found people from the uk to St.Helena
        > Cliff
        >
        > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN" <j.augustus@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hello, my membership with the group is pending at the moment as I have just joined, but wanted to know what LDS stands for and if there are any other sites that would give genealogy informtion. Kindest regards, John.

      • Marianne iow
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 21, 2011
          To Nancy-Jo - I looked up to see what microfilms were available from 'Family Search' and tried to order some but they couldn't release them as they contained records up to 1935 and were therefore restricted.  It would seem you could request a photocopy of a page individually, if you knew which one!
          Regards, Marianne

          From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
          Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000