Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: LDS

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 4, 2011
      Some time awhile back, this same question came up and I remember vaguely that someone recommended files from the East India Trading Company, does anyone recall that string?

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 6, 2011
        Thanks for the website. However, I am looking for folks who may have left the UK between 1864 and 1870. This site starts with the year 1890.

        Any other thoughts?

        Thanks,

        Linda

      • frankfcraig@yahoo.co.uk
        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 7, 2011
          A lot of the ships were merchant: East India Trading Company?

          Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

          From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
          Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000
          To: <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
          Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Passenger Lists

          Thanks for the website. However, I am looking for folks who may have left the UK between 1864 and 1870. This site starts with the year 1890.

          Any other thoughts?

          Thanks,

          Linda

          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Clifford" <sthelena.postcards@...> wrote:

          > Hi thought you like like to go to http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
          > I have found people from the uk to St.Helena
          > Cliff
          >
          > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN" <j.augustus@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hello, my membership with the group is pending at the moment as I have just joined, but wanted to know what LDS stands for and if there are any other sites that would give genealogy informtion. Kindest regards, John.

        • Mars
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 7, 2011
            I just ran across this page about the island -- in an odd location.
            http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Saint_Helena

            ona move!
            Mars

            From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
            Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000
            To: <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>

            Thanks for the website. However, I am looking for folks who may have left the UK between 1864 and 1870. This site starts with the year 1890.

            Any other thoughts?

            Thanks,

            Linda

            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Clifford" <sthelena.postcards@...> wrote:

            > Hi thought you like like to go to http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
            > I have found people from the uk to St.Helena
            > Cliff
            >
            > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN" <j.augustus@> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hello, my membership with the group is pending at the moment as I have just joined, but wanted to know what LDS stands for and if there are any other sites that would give genealogy informtion. Kindest regards, John.

          • Caroline Gaden
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
              Not really an odd web site. St Helena was location of Halley's
              observatory and I believe Captain Cook may have done some astronomical
              observations there too
              Cheers
              Caroline

              On 8/10/2011 3:01 PM, Mars wrote:
              > I just ran across this page about the island -- in an odd location.
              > http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Saint_Helena
              > ona move!
              > Mars

            • Nancy-Jo Nunez
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 16, 2011
                Did anyone look up St. Helena on the www.familysearch.org site in their catalog to see what microfilm is available?

                From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
                Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000
                To: <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>

                Thanks for the website. However, I am looking for folks who may have left the UK between 1864 and 1870. This site starts with the year 1890.

                Any other thoughts?

                Thanks,

                Linda

                --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Clifford" <sthelena.postcards@...> wrote:

                > Hi thought you like like to go to http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
                > I have found people from the uk to St.Helena
                > Cliff
                >
                > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN" <j.augustus@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello, my membership with the group is pending at the moment as I have just joined, but wanted to know what LDS stands for and if there are any other sites that would give genealogy informtion. Kindest regards, John.

              • Marianne iow
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 21, 2011
                  To Nancy-Jo - I looked up to see what microfilms were available from 'Family Search' and tried to order some but they couldn't release them as they contained records up to 1935 and were therefore restricted.  It would seem you could request a photocopy of a page individually, if you knew which one!
                  Regards, Marianne

                  From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
                  Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000