Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: LDS

  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
    Message 1 of 18 , Oct 4, 2011
      Some time awhile back, this same question came up and I remember vaguely that someone recommended files from the East India Trading Company, does anyone recall that string?

      Message 2 of 18 , Oct 4, 2011
        All Family History Librries are linked to Ancestry

        Isebelle E Krauss
        Genealogist
        27 09546666
        084 542 6048

        Message 3 of 18 , Oct 4, 2011
          St Helena films avaialble in all Family History Librries of the LDS. go to Fam ilysearch, enter South Africa, and then St. Helena, get film number and order from various FHL...

          Isebelle E Krauss
          Genealogist
          27 09546666
          084 542 6048

          Yes, I would like some advice as to where to start in the search of my family history on the island. Please can you let me know if there are websites or where I can find records of peopel who were born, married and died on the island as well as immigration and emmigration records.

          Regards,
          John.

          --
          Carolyn C. Williams

        • Clifford
          Message 4 of 18 , Oct 5, 2011
            Hi thought you like like to go to http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
            I have found people from the uk to St.Helena
            Cliff

            --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN" <j.augustus@...> wrote:

            > Hello, my membership with the group is pending at the moment as I have just joined, but wanted to know what LDS stands for and if there are any other sites that would give genealogy informtion. Kindest regards, John.

          • Linda
            Message 5 of 18 , Oct 6, 2011
              Thanks for the website. However, I am looking for folks who may have left the UK between 1864 and 1870. This site starts with the year 1890.

              Any other thoughts?

              Thanks,

              Linda

            • frankfcraig@yahoo.co.uk
              Message 6 of 18 , Oct 7, 2011
                A lot of the ships were merchant: East India Trading Company?

                Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange

                From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
                Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000
                To: <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>
                Subject: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Passenger Lists

                Thanks for the website. However, I am looking for folks who may have left the UK between 1864 and 1870. This site starts with the year 1890.

                Any other thoughts?

                Thanks,

                Linda

                --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Clifford" <sthelena.postcards@...> wrote:

                > Hi thought you like like to go to http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
                > I have found people from the uk to St.Helena
                > Cliff
                >
                > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN" <j.augustus@> wrote:
                > >
                > > Hello, my membership with the group is pending at the moment as I have just joined, but wanted to know what LDS stands for and if there are any other sites that would give genealogy informtion. Kindest regards, John.

              • Mars
                Message 7 of 18 , Oct 7, 2011
                  I just ran across this page about the island -- in an odd location.
                  http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Saint_Helena

                  ona move!
                  Mars

                  From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
                  Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000
                  To: <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>

                  Thanks for the website. However, I am looking for folks who may have left the UK between 1864 and 1870. This site starts with the year 1890.

                  Any other thoughts?

                  Thanks,

                  Linda

                  --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Clifford" <sthelena.postcards@...> wrote:

                  > Hi thought you like like to go to http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
                  > I have found people from the uk to St.Helena
                  > Cliff
                  >
                  > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN" <j.augustus@> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Hello, my membership with the group is pending at the moment as I have just joined, but wanted to know what LDS stands for and if there are any other sites that would give genealogy informtion. Kindest regards, John.

                • Caroline Gaden
                  Message 8 of 18 , Oct 9, 2011
                    Not really an odd web site. St Helena was location of Halley's
                    observatory and I believe Captain Cook may have done some astronomical
                    observations there too
                    Cheers
                    Caroline

                    On 8/10/2011 3:01 PM, Mars wrote:
                    > I just ran across this page about the island -- in an odd location.
                    > http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Saint_Helena
                    > ona move!
                    > Mars

                  • Nancy-Jo Nunez
                    Message 9 of 18 , Oct 16, 2011
                      Did anyone look up St. Helena on the www.familysearch.org site in their catalog to see what microfilm is available?

                      From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
                      Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000
                      To: <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com>

                      Thanks for the website. However, I am looking for folks who may have left the UK between 1864 and 1870. This site starts with the year 1890.

                      Any other thoughts?

                      Thanks,

                      Linda

                      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Clifford" <sthelena.postcards@...> wrote:

                      > Hi thought you like like to go to http://www.findmypast.co.uk/passengerListPersonSearchStart.action
                      > I have found people from the uk to St.Helena
                      > Cliff
                      >
                      > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "JOHN" <j.augustus@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Hello, my membership with the group is pending at the moment as I have just joined, but wanted to know what LDS stands for and if there are any other sites that would give genealogy informtion. Kindest regards, John.

                    • Marianne iow
                      Message 10 of 18 , Oct 21, 2011
                        To Nancy-Jo - I looked up to see what microfilms were available from 'Family Search' and tried to order some but they couldn't release them as they contained records up to 1935 and were therefore restricted.  It would seem you could request a photocopy of a page individually, if you knew which one!
                        Regards, Marianne

                        From: "Linda" <msulab@...>
                        Sender: st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 14:16:19 -0000