Johnson family

  • Neville Martin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2011
      Hello all,
      This is my first attempt at trying to get information about my ancestors. I believe that my great grandmother came from St Helena. Her name was Charlotte Elizabeth Johnson and I figure that she could have been born around 1875.
      She then migrated to Durban in South Africa where she married a James Edgar Carr (who apparently had changed his surname from Azor), from Maritius and was classified as a coloured. Alternatively, she could have married before emigrating.
      Any information about either my Great Grandmother or on how to go about finding information would be really appreciated.
      Thank you.
      Neville.