Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Visiting St. Helena

  • Caroline Gaden
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 17, 2011
      Check out RMS St Helena and Andrew Lloyd Shipping on Google. You sail
      from Cape Town, 5 days on RMS, then on the island for as long as it
      takes for the ship to get to Ascension and back (about a week)or UK and
      back where she goes once or twice a year. You can fly to the RAF base on
      Ascension Islands and pick up RMS on her way back to St H.... all on web
      site
      Cheers
      Caroline

    • Caroline Gaden
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 17, 2011
        Andrew WEIR shipping.... have Lloyd Webber on the brain!

      • Barbara MacLeod
        Message 3 of 8 , May 9 3:46 PM
          Let me know what you find out as I am in Annapolis! I am so wanting to visit the island but I think one has to leave from Dulles on a nonstop to Capetown. First I need to win the lotter....:)

          Andrew WEIR shipping.... have Lloyd Webber on the brain!

          On 15/04/2011 8:06 AM, Linda wrote:
          > Lisa,
          >
          > I read your message about your visiting St. Helena in February. What is
          > the best way to travel to St. Helena? I understand that there is no
          > airport. How do you get there from the US? Do you fly to South Africa
          > (Capetown , Durban???) and then catch a boat to St. Helena? How often
          > does the boat travel to St. Helena? I thought that I read something
          > about it traveling there only four times a year.
          >
          > Linda
          >
          > Baltimore, Maryland USA
          >
          > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:st-helena-genealogy%40yahoogroups.com>, Lisa Nichols
          > <nicholslisa60@...> wrote:
          >  >
          >  > Hi Valerie
          >  >
          >  > Nice to hear from you.  Was the Mary (nee Moyce) that you mentioned
          > married to
          >  > Percy and did they use to live in Edgeware some years ago?  Also, my
          > sister
          >  > Susan remembers meeting a Valerie but it would have been as a very
          > young girl
          >  > back in the 60's.
          >  >
          >  > If any of this is relevant to you, then yes, we could be related!
          >  >
          >  > I also visited the Island in February of this year and I have never been
          >  > anywhere so beautiful and so friendly, it's an experience I will
          > never forget.
          >  >
          >  > Look forward to hearing from you.
          >  >