Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Eric Douglas Moyce

  • Lisa Nichols
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 13, 2011
      Hi Valerie

      Nice to hear from you.  Was the Mary (nee Moyce) that you mentioned married to Percy and did they use to live in Edgeware some years ago?  Also, my sister Susan remembers meeting a Valerie but it would have been as a very young girl back in the 60's.

      If any of this is relevant to you, then yes, we could be related!

      I also visited the Island in February of this year and I have never been anywhere so beautiful and so friendly, it's an experience I will never forget.

      Look forward to hearing from you.

      Kind regards

      Lisa

      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 14, 2011
        Lisa,

        I read your message about your visiting St. Helena in February. What is the best way to travel to St. Helena? I understand that there is no airport. How do you get there from the US? Do you fly to South Africa (Capetown , Durban???) and then catch a boat to St. Helena? How often does the boat travel to St. Helena? I thought that I read something about it traveling there only four times a year.

        Linda

        Baltimore, Maryland USA

        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, Lisa Nichols <nicholslisa60@...> wrote:

        > Hi Valerie
        >
        > Nice to hear from you.  Was the Mary (nee Moyce) that you mentioned married to
        > Percy and did they use to live in Edgeware some years ago?  Also, my sister
        > Susan remembers meeting a Valerie but it would have been as a very young girl
        > back in the 60's.
        >
        > If any of this is relevant to you, then yes, we could be related!
        >
        > I also visited the Island in February of this year and I have never been
        > anywhere so beautiful and so friendly, it's an experience I will never forget.
        >
        > Look forward to hearing from you.
        >
        > Kind regards
        >
        > Lisa
        >

        > ________________________________

      • Caroline Gaden
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 17, 2011
          Check out RMS St Helena and Andrew Lloyd Shipping on Google. You sail
          from Cape Town, 5 days on RMS, then on the island for as long as it
          takes for the ship to get to Ascension and back (about a week)or UK and
          back where she goes once or twice a year. You can fly to the RAF base on
          Ascension Islands and pick up RMS on her way back to St H.... all on web
          site
          Cheers
          Caroline

        • Caroline Gaden
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 17, 2011
            Andrew WEIR shipping.... have Lloyd Webber on the brain!

          • Lisa Nichols
            Message 5 of 8 , Apr 18, 2011
              Hi Linda

              We flew to Cape Town from the UK and travelled to the island on board the RMS St Helena which took us five days to get there.  If you go on the RMS St Helena website they have all the details.

              Hope you get to go, it's a beautiful island.

            • Barbara MacLeod
              Message 6 of 8 , May 9 3:46 PM
                Let me know what you find out as I am in Annapolis! I am so wanting to visit the island but I think one has to leave from Dulles on a nonstop to Capetown. First I need to win the lotter....:)

                Andrew WEIR shipping.... have Lloyd Webber on the brain!

                On 15/04/2011 8:06 AM, Linda wrote:
                > Lisa,
                >
                > I read your message about your visiting St. Helena in February. What is
                > the best way to travel to St. Helena? I understand that there is no
                > airport. How do you get there from the US? Do you fly to South Africa
                > (Capetown , Durban???) and then catch a boat to St. Helena? How often
                > does the boat travel to St. Helena? I thought that I read something
                > about it traveling there only four times a year.
                >
                > Linda
                >
                > Baltimore, Maryland USA
                >
                > --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com
                > <mailto:st-helena-genealogy%40yahoogroups.com>, Lisa Nichols
                > <nicholslisa60@...> wrote:
                >  >
                >  > Hi Valerie
                >  >
                >  > Nice to hear from you.  Was the Mary (nee Moyce) that you mentioned
                > married to
                >  > Percy and did they use to live in Edgeware some years ago?  Also, my
                > sister
                >  > Susan remembers meeting a Valerie but it would have been as a very
                > young girl
                >  > back in the 60's.
                >  >
                >  > If any of this is relevant to you, then yes, we could be related!
                >  >
                >  > I also visited the Island in February of this year and I have never been
                >  > anywhere so beautiful and so friendly, it's an experience I will
                > never forget.
                >  >
                >  > Look forward to hearing from you.
                >  >