John Terry and Penelope Hayes, widow

  • dehaaie
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7 1:27 PM
      Hello. I would like to find information about my ancestors John Terry and his wife Penelope, who were married 26 Sept 1776 on St. Helena.

      John Terry was employed by the East India Company on St. Helena. He may have been a garrison soldier, or he may have served the company in another capacity. Penelope (parents' names unknown) was the widow of planter William Hayes. I would also like to find information about him.

      John and Penelope Terry moved to India sometime after their marriage. Their daughter Mary Henrietta Sarah Terry, also my ancestor, was baptized in Madras on 21 October, 1780.

      I'd like to learn as much as I can about John and Penelope Terry, including (but not limited to) when and where each of them was born and the names of their parents. As I mentioned earlier, I am also interested in learning about Penelope's previous husband, planter William Hayes.

      I hope someone here has information about them to share. If any Hayes or Terry descendants would like to contact me, I'd be very pleased if they did.

      Thank you.