Pritchard

  • lesley.williams51
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2011
      Trying to trace details of Florence Louisa Pritchard and Blanche Ivy Pritchard,who came to South Africa from St Helena,probably about1890-1905?
    • Linda
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2011
        Greetings!

        I am gathering all the information about my ancestors who left St. Helena between 1850-1870. Family lore has it that the people who left had some connection to the great American suffragette, Elizabeth Cady Stanton and that she might have been instrumental in getting them passage to the US. I've come to the conclusion that one of her nephews or nieces might have visited or or even lived on St. Helena during that time period. I am not sure if their last names were the same as the famous America women's right activist. I have checked the Internet and Elizabeth Cady Stanton did not appear to ever visit St. Helena.

        Does anyone know how I can find out more about this hunch? Are there any available history books, that might mention a connection to the suffragette?

        Thanks,

        Linda Mehlinger
        (Looking for Cooley\Hopkins\Hercules)