St Helena BMD

  • DarkTagnon
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005
      Further to my earlier message, I think I now have a surname for my
      great great grandmother Mary Ann. According to the 1851 UK census
      she is named Mary Ann Mason Roscoe, so I presume Mason was her
      maiden name. She would have been born in or around 1825. is there
      any way I could get further information?
      Sincerely,
    • Abby Young
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
        Dear D, for a minute there I thought perhaps it was my grandma Mary Ann Moyce but shucks its not. The best place to get information though is Whitwatersrand University in South Africa. Carol Archibald is the one to contact. She is a wonderful lady who can give you some assistance. For some reason the records from the island are there on that campus. Good luck

        http://www.st-helena.org

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • FFCUK@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 7, 2005
          Hi there,

          Can you calrify does the University of Whitwatersrand have:

          1) All of the St Helena files.
          2) Just the UK census file

          Thanks

          F. Craig
        • sharon marshall
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 9, 2005
            Hi there,
            Not sure what else Carol has, but i know she does have all Anglican baptism records - her email address is Archibald.C@...

            Regards
            Sharon

            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 24, 2005
              hi abby!
              couls you please re run the place to get info on st helena. i seem to be struggling to find whitewater?
              cheers deb

              Abby Young <spoyledbratt43@...> wrote:
              Dear D, for a minute there I thought perhaps it was my grandma Mary Ann Moyce but shucks its not. The best place to get information though is Whitwatersrand University in South Africa. Carol Archibald is the one to contact. She is a wonderful lady who can give you some assistance. For some reason the records from the island are there on that campus. Good luck

              DarkTagnon <GalaxyJane@...> wrote:

              Further to my earlier message, I think I now have a surname for my
              great great grandmother Mary Ann. According to the 1851 UK census
              she is named Mary Ann Mason Roscoe, so I presume Mason was her
              maiden name. She would have been born in or around 1825. is there
              any way I could get further information?
                                   Sincerely,

              http://www.st-helena.org

              http://mail.yahoo.com

              http://www.st-helena.org