Birth and other St. Helena Records

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 29, 2011
      Greetings! I have been reading with interest about the various descendants of individuals born on St. Helena. Where are you finding this information? I am so desperate to find relatives who were possibly born there during the 1830-1860 time frame.

      I have contacted a few sources but most records seemed to be for the period of time before 1830. I have checked with the British Archives and the East India company. I am not sure if records are online or if they have to be ordered.

      Help! I have gotten this far to find the possible place of birth of my ancestors. Now I would like to "find the proof" that they are really from St. Helena by finding any birth or marriage certificate.

      Thanks,

      Linda

      Looking for Hopkins or Cooley or Hercles.
    • frankfcraig@yahoo.co.uk
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 29, 2011
        Saint Helena has a registry office that can copy original certificates for you.

        Sent using BlackBerry® from Orange