St Helena BMD

  • DarkTagnon
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
      I think I have a great great grandmother born on St Helena.
      According to the UK 1871 census,where she was living at the time,
      married to my great great grandfather, she was 45 at that date
      which would make her birth 1826 or thereabouts. All I know is her
      first names, Mary Ann. Her surname isn't listed in any UK records I
      could access. Do members know of any data base I could search,
      preferably on the Internet
      Thank you,
    • DarkTagnon
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 4, 2005
        Further to my earlier message, I think I now have a surname for my
        great great grandmother Mary Ann. According to the 1851 UK census
        she is named Mary Ann Mason Roscoe, so I presume Mason was her
        maiden name. She would have been born in or around 1825. is there
        any way I could get further information?
        Sincerely,
      • Abby Young
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 6, 2005
          Dear D, for a minute there I thought perhaps it was my grandma Mary Ann Moyce but shucks its not. The best place to get information though is Whitwatersrand University in South Africa. Carol Archibald is the one to contact. She is a wonderful lady who can give you some assistance. For some reason the records from the island are there on that campus. Good luck

          http://www.st-helena.org

          http://mail.yahoo.com

        • FFCUK@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 7, 2005
            Hi there,

            Can you calrify does the University of Whitwatersrand have:

            1) All of the St Helena files.
            2) Just the UK census file

            Thanks

            F. Craig
          • sharon marshall
            Message 5 of 7 , Feb 9, 2005
              Hi there,
              Not sure what else Carol has, but i know she does have all Anglican baptism records - her email address is Archibald.C@...

              Regards
              Sharon

              Message 6 of 7 , Feb 24, 2005
                hi abby!
                couls you please re run the place to get info on st helena. i seem to be struggling to find whitewater?
                cheers deb

                Abby Young <spoyledbratt43@...> wrote:
                Dear D, for a minute there I thought perhaps it was my grandma Mary Ann Moyce but shucks its not. The best place to get information though is Whitwatersrand University in South Africa. Carol Archibald is the one to contact. She is a wonderful lady who can give you some assistance. For some reason the records from the island are there on that campus. Good luck

                DarkTagnon <GalaxyJane@...> wrote:

                Further to my earlier message, I think I now have a surname for my
                great great grandmother Mary Ann. According to the 1851 UK census
                she is named Mary Ann Mason Roscoe, so I presume Mason was her
                maiden name. She would have been born in or around 1825. is there
                any way I could get further information?
                                     Sincerely,

                http://www.st-helena.org

                http://mail.yahoo.com

                http://www.st-helena.org