Seale family

  • IAIN HEDLEY
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 27, 2011
      I am researching the ancestry of my nephew who is a descendant of Ellen Seale who was born around 1870 on St Helena. She married James Woods, a regimental Sgt Major artillery, in 1889 in Stoke Damerel, Devon, before settling in Northumberland. I would be very grateful for any information about Ellen or her family on St Helena.

      Iain Hedley
    • camissaculture@gmail.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 25, 2016

        hello all 😊 i know this may be a long shot but my grandfather had family in Saint Helena. His mom was a Seale. His dad a Tembè. He died when I was young so didnt have an opportunity to ask, and my mom didnt ever get to meet his parents as they died while he was a young man and his uncle took him in. He had no siblings. He was a decorated war veteran and it feels wrong not knowing more about him. His name was George Tembè. Does anybody has any ideas who his mom may have been? Blessings. Tessa

      • Lara
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 2016
          Hello Tessa,

          My grandmother was a Seale. This website has lots of Seale family info.

          I would also investigate the census records. That is how I found my Seale
          family roots and learned about St. Helena. The census records will
          list the names of his parents. I would also look at the birth records, death records, etc. Ancestry is a great place to start. You can request the death and birth certificates. They will list the names of the parents, etc.

          Good luck.

          Lara

          On Nov 25, 2016, at 7:53 AM, camissaculture@... [st-helena-genealogy] <st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          hello all 😊 i know this may be a long shot but my grandfather had family in Saint Helena. His mom was a Seale. His dad a Tembè. He died when I was young so didnt have an opportunity to ask, and my mom didnt ever get to meet his parents as they died while he was a young man and his uncle took him in. He had no siblings. He was a decorated war veteran and it feels wrong not knowing more about him. His name was George Tembè. Does anybody has any ideas who his mom may have been? Blessings. Tessa

        • Paulsen CT
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 27, 2016
            Thank you so much,other than my mom finding her grandma's details on a birth certificate recently, we really dont know much about them because they died when my grandfather was a young man and his uncle, reverend Tembe from his father's family,raised him.

            This is really exciting, to know more about the family 😊

            I cannot thank you enough, we doing the genealogy so our children know where their roots are and has pride in their lineage,the best role models are often found in family lines 😊

            Thank you again

            Blessings