John Skottowe - governor 1764-1782

  • toubounauk
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 25 11:59 PM
      Hello group, I am a new member and am interested in the Skottowe family.
      In 2008, one of Christie's auctions contained the well known portrait of John Skottowe by David Martin. Skottowe had been governor of the island from 1764 to 1782. I am trying to find the current location of that portrait, and wondered if anybody on this group might know?
      Cliff
      Essex, U.K.