Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] YON (Lufkins)

  • wendy ellis
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 19, 2005
      dear sirs hello is there any chance that you are related to derek yon of st helena?

      Dorothy Yon <d4dot2004@...> wrote:
      I remember as a child my grandfather, Frank Roman YON speaking about LUFKINS.  Could this have been the name of a Flax Plantation in the late 1800's?  I'm hoping the the spelling/pronunciation is correct, as my grand-mother Beryl (nee Thomas) spoke of dowgs and frowgs, when she meant dogs and frogs.  He also spoke about playing cricket against the English at the barracks.  Living close to, "is it Jacob's Ladder?" they were within walking distance.  It is just a couple of months before we visit St Helena and we would just love to see/visit of the places that he used to mention.  Any info would be well received. Regards, Douglas E Yon

      http://www.st-helena.org