crowie

  • rockpipit2222
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 5, 2011
      Does anyone know of a Dennis Crowie, born around 1900 on St. Helena, who had 3 daughters, Thelma, born 23.12.30, Vera and Enid.
      We think Vera who died around 2 years ago was married to Trevor Fagin who still lives on the Island.
      Sorry there is so little information but we would love to know more about this family.
    • rockpipit2222
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 30 7:19 AM
        Can anybody help with the surname Crowie, inhabitants of St Helena? Any information would be good,
        Thanks, Jill
      • foxhome
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011

          Jill, on my 1827 slave listing I have a Joseph Crowey. Also a free woman named Martha Crowey cohabiting with a slave. Also  a Charles Crowey and an Ann Croee.

          If you are a member of the Friends, I can tell you more. Sorry to be so hard hearted.

          Colin

          Can anybody help with the surname Crowie, inhabitants of St Helena? Any information would be good,
          Thanks, Jill

        • Marianne iow
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 2, 2011
            Thank you so much! I'm trying to find out some information about her family for my son's partner Suzanne, whose mother Thelma Crowie was born on St. Helena in 1930 and came over to Portsmouth to find work as a young girl. We think Thelma's father's name was Dennis Crowie. There was also an Aunt Vera Fagin, nee Crowie, who lived on a farm on St. Helena. Clearly the Crowie surname goes back some way which is very interesting. How much would it cost to join the 'Friends of St. Helena'?
            Many thanks, Jill

            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 4, 2011
              Hello Colin,
              I sent a cheque off to join Friends of St. Helena as you suggested and it was cashed at the beginning of May. I would like to have access to the slave lists for the name Crowie (and also the surname Henry) but I haven't received any confirmation by post to prove that I'm a member. Can you advise?
              Many thanks, Jill

              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 4, 2011

                Jill, Sorry to hear about this. There has been a bit of a problem for our membership secretary getting access to the Friends’ bank details in a timely manner which has delayed matters. I am copying Ian on this email and hopefully he will sort this out for you.

                Ian, can you respond to Jill please

                Regards

                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 5, 2011

                  Thanks

                  Colin

                  Dear Jill

                  Colin copied me on his last email to you and I am obviously very anxious to learn how this problem has occurred  First, please can you tell me your surname - I cannot spot this from the exchange of emails between yourself and Colin.  I see the phrase "On behalf of Marianne Low" but presume the membership was in your name.

                  Second, I need to find your cheque.  Please can you tell me what name we should be looking for on the cheque and your bank account number

                  Thirdly, please can you tell me who you sent the cheque to.  The most likely people would be our treasurer Vicky Beal or myself.

                  If you can let me have that information I will try and identify the payment and give you the information you need to access the members-only sections of our web site.  Apart from your email address and your first name, I have no other information about you - in addition to your surname, I will eventually also need to know your postal address and telephone number please.

                  Regards

                  Ian Bruce
                  Membership Secretary, FoSH