Restarting research but too far away

  • rh_muller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 14, 2005
      About 20 years ago, I researched my family history originating on
      one side from the Island of St Helena. My paternal grandmother's
      mother was named Mary Scott-born about 1899.She was the daughter, as
      far as I can remember,of Isaac Andrew Lamb Scott of St Helena who
      jumped ship I'd guess off of Durban.I think that he married a Jane
      Sophia Bennett by whom he had numerous children including my great
      grandmother.I think that Isaac was the son of a Charles Scott,but of
      Jane I know nothing at all other than that her mother suffered
      from 'religious mania,' whatever that is. Is anyone able to help me
      shed light on any of these people and indeed go further into this?
      Many thanks