Elizabeth Renton

  • bar133f
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2005
      Elizabeth Renton was buried on St. Helena on 2nd April 1795. Is
      anyone on the Island doing family research and could look at the
      headstone (if there is one) to find who was buried with her, please?

      Many thanks - Margaret Dyson
    • champnrse
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 9, 2005
        Hello Margaret,

        If you look at the "30 Sept. 1814 list of Families and Cattle upon the Island St. Helena", contributed by Christine Adams, to St. Helena Family History, you will see a RENTON family.

        Regards,

        Lynn West

        Seeking SEFTON, HUBBARD, HILLIER, CLAYTON, & HARRIS families of St. Helena during the 1800's.

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 29, 2006
          On St. Helena in 1785 Elizabeth Renton stabbed one of her female slaves
          to death. Her husband is named as James Renton, a shopkeeper.
          Elizabeth Renton died April 1795. Did the above James Renton then
          marry Sarah Clough in April 1800? James Renton and Sarah Clough were
          my 4 x gt.grandparents and I know that "my" James Renton's first wife
          was called Elizabeth. Does Elizabeth Renton have a grave on St.
          Helena and, if so, I would be extremely grateful if someone could let
          me have the inscription on the tombstone. Were there 2 James & 2
          Elizabeth Rentons?
          Many thanks - Margaret Dyson