[St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Sefton, Hubbard, Harris, Undrell, Elliot, Fowler, Chambers,

  • jmichaud78
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 25, 2010
      Hi

      I have a Chrlotte Boyce Harris born 1801 Kent, England and married William Andrews in Dec 1818 St Helena. Her fathe is also Henry Boyve Harris. Wonder if we have a connection with Henry as I have been looking for a long time for the Harris line.

      Julie

      --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn" <champnrse@...> wrote:

      > Hi Maureen,
      >
      > Noted you are seeking "Harris" from St. Helena. My GGG Grandmother was
      > Elizabeth Harris Hubbard, b. Abt 1797 , unknown location. She was the
      > dgt of Henry Boyce Harris, and the wife of Daniel Hubbard. Daniel and E
      > lizabeth Hubbard Harris had at least 6 children on St. Helena. (Sgt Major
      > Henry Boyce Harris and Sgt Daniel Hubbard were with the St. Helena East
      > India Company, and both were born in Britain.)
      >
      > Colin, would be interested if Harris' and Hubbard's slaves listed in the
      > document you are examining. Thank you for any assist.
      >
      > Lynn M West

    • jmichaud78
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2010
        I have a Henry Boyce HArris. His daughter Charlotte born 1801 Kent, England was married to William Andrews and he was in the Artillery on St Helena.

        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn" <champnrse@...> wrote:

        > Hi Maureen,
        >
        > Noted you are seeking "Harris" from St. Helena. My GGG Grandmother was
        > Elizabeth Harris Hubbard, b. Abt 1797 , unknown location. She was the
        > dgt of Henry Boyce Harris, and the wife of Daniel Hubbard. Daniel and E
        > lizabeth Hubbard Harris had at least 6 children on St. Helena. (Sgt Major
        > Henry Boyce Harris and Sgt Daniel Hubbard were with the St. Helena East
        > India Company, and both were born in Britain.)
        >
        > Colin, would be interested if Harris' and Hubbard's slaves listed in the
        > document you are examining. Thank you for any assist.
        >
        > Lynn M West

      • foxhome
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 27, 2010

          Lynn, I only have Serg Hubbard on my list with one slave

          No

          Name of Proprietior

          Name of Slave

          Age

          Description

          Value

          Remarks

          217

          Sergeant Hubbard

          Jane

          15

          A useful house servant

          25

          Regards

          Colin

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 27, 2010

            Thanks, Colin!   Sgt Hubbard was my GGG Grandfather.

            Regards,
            Lynn