Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Re: Sefton, Hubbard, Harris, Undrell, Elliot, Fowler, Chambers,

  • Lynn
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 24, 2010
      Hi Maureen,

      Noted you are seeking "Harris" from St. Helena.   My GGG Grandmother was Elizabeth Harris Hubbard,   b. Abt 1797 , unknown location.   She was the  dgt of Henry Boyce Harris, and the wife of Daniel Hubbard.   Daniel and E;lizabeth Hubbard Harris had at least 6 children on St. Helena.   (Sgt Major Henry Boyce Harris and Sgt Daniel Hubbard were with the St. Helena East India Company, and both were born in Britain.)

      Colin,  would be interested if Harris' and Hubbard's slaves  listed in the document you are examining.   Thank you for any assist.

      Lynn M West

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 25, 2010
        Hi

        I have a Chrlotte Boyce Harris born 1801 Kent, England and married William Andrews in Dec 1818 St Helena. Her fathe is also Henry Boyve Harris. Wonder if we have a connection with Henry as I have been looking for a long time for the Harris line.

        Julie

        --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn" <champnrse@...> wrote:

        > Hi Maureen,
        >
        > Noted you are seeking "Harris" from St. Helena. My GGG Grandmother was
        > Elizabeth Harris Hubbard, b. Abt 1797 , unknown location. She was the
        > dgt of Henry Boyce Harris, and the wife of Daniel Hubbard. Daniel and E
        > lizabeth Hubbard Harris had at least 6 children on St. Helena. (Sgt Major
        > Henry Boyce Harris and Sgt Daniel Hubbard were with the St. Helena East
        > India Company, and both were born in Britain.)
        >
        > Colin, would be interested if Harris' and Hubbard's slaves listed in the
        > document you are examining. Thank you for any assist.
        >
        > Lynn M West

      • jmichaud78
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 25, 2010
          I have a Henry Boyce HArris. His daughter Charlotte born 1801 Kent, England was married to William Andrews and he was in the Artillery on St Helena.

          --- In st-helena-genealogy@yahoogroups.com, "Lynn" <champnrse@...> wrote:

          > Hi Maureen,
          >
          > Noted you are seeking "Harris" from St. Helena. My GGG Grandmother was
          > Elizabeth Harris Hubbard, b. Abt 1797 , unknown location. She was the
          > dgt of Henry Boyce Harris, and the wife of Daniel Hubbard. Daniel and E
          > lizabeth Hubbard Harris had at least 6 children on St. Helena. (Sgt Major
          > Henry Boyce Harris and Sgt Daniel Hubbard were with the St. Helena East
          > India Company, and both were born in Britain.)
          >
          > Colin, would be interested if Harris' and Hubbard's slaves listed in the
          > document you are examining. Thank you for any assist.
          >
          > Lynn M West

        • foxhome
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 27, 2010

            Lynn, I only have Serg Hubbard on my list with one slave

            No

            Name of Proprietior

            Name of Slave

            Age

            Description

            Value

            Remarks

            217

            Sergeant Hubbard

            Jane

            15

            A useful house servant

            25

            Regards

            Colin

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 27, 2010

              Thanks, Colin!   Sgt Hubbard was my GGG Grandfather.

              Regards,
              Lynn