Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] RE:Wade slaves

  • Carolyn Williams
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 23, 2010
      Hi Shaun:

      Perhaps he changed his name after he was free. Or if he was already freed, he would not be on the 1827 list.

      Carolyn

      On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 5:52 AM, foxhome <colin@...> wrote:

      Hi Shaun, sorry no Tobias’s on my list of slaves

      Colin

      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010
        The deputy Minister of Justice is looking for his ancestors, the surnames" Ruhrmund" and" Honmar"...I believe that Honmar is of British descent...any names like that? I would appreciate it so much if there are any . Thanks Colin.
        We are also busy with the combination of all slave records in south Africa, and will link the same to digital images taken in South Africa...

        Isebelle E.Krauss*Lloyd
        27 954 6666 h
        082 851 5648 mobile
         011 645 1606 office

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010

          Isebelle, Sorry, there are no names on the listing similar to Honmar. I am only looking at slaves in St Helena in 1827 – did his family come from the island?

          Interested to hear of your digitising program. Will this information be available online?

          Regards

          Colin