Re: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] Slaves of the Balcombe family

  • lester palmer
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 22, 2010
      hi, i believe the Richards family which was on my ggrandmother's side was left on the island, they named their kids edward william graham which was my grandfather and his brother was named albert,so they might have gotten their names from previous ancestors. I believe they lived in jamestown. My ggrandmother was a true st helenian light in complexion wiv long black hair and my ggrandfather had the more indian feature. Not to sure whether they had their own surnames. Home affairs in south africa have absolutely no record of them,not even id numbers. I know my ggrandfather was in a brigade,my gfather was a mechanic,mb that skill was passed on from previous generations... Any help will b so appreciated as the burden is on me to really discover more abt my roots. Thank you...