RE: [St.H.Fam.Hist.] RE:Wade slaves

  • carolyncw50@gmail.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 21, 2010
      You are making a fantastic contribution. When I visited my family in England, I learned that access to many old records and manuscripts may be limited. Carolyn
      Message 2 of 16 , Jul 21, 2010
        Hi Colin

        I am looking for 4 Tobias brothers who when freed as slaves emigrated to South Africa. Two of their names are Frederick, Samuel.
        I am also looking my Grandfather surnamed Dobson who married a "Rock Rabbit" as the women of St Helena were called.

        Kind regards

        Shaun Paulsen

        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 23, 2010

          Hi Shaun, sorry no Tobias’s on my list of slaves

          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 23, 2010

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 23, 2010
              Hi Shaun:

              Perhaps he changed his name after he was free. Or if he was already freed, he would not be on the 1827 list.

              Carolyn

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 26, 2010
                The deputy Minister of Justice is looking for his ancestors, the surnames" Ruhrmund" and" Honmar"...I believe that Honmar is of British descent...any names like that? I would appreciate it so much if there are any . Thanks Colin.
                We are also busy with the combination of all slave records in south Africa, and will link the same to digital images taken in South Africa...

                Isebelle E.Krauss*Lloyd
                27 954 6666 h
                082 851 5648 mobile
                 011 645 1606 office

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 27, 2010

                  Isebelle, Sorry, there are no names on the listing similar to Honmar. I am only looking at slaves in St Helena in 1827 – did his family come from the island?

                  Interested to hear of your digitising program. Will this information be available online?

                  Regards

                  Colin