dasey deasey

  • Michele Dasey
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2010
      Hi all
      My husbands g g grandfather was a mattros in the st helena regiment at the time of Napoleon. He had 2 sons James and Michaelr on the island and then disappeared I have checked death records etc and could not find him. I have been able to track our direct ancestor back to England but there are no records of his father or mother or confirmed findings of his brother. Our direct ancestor James William ended up in Australia as a convict when he was only 16.

      My question is …. Does anyone know where I can check records online to see where Thomas and Eleanor may have moved to…. or even when they may have left the island ? Also where the disbanded regiments tended to go.

      Thanks
      Michele