Harvey

  • Ally Morgan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 17, 2010
      I post this one every twelve months or so - nice to see so much activity on the site.

      Harvey, possibly in the Native Battalion, around 1812 on.  My gg Grandfather, obviously from mixed race, born in Wick, Caithness, Scotland.  Says his father "Was a native of St. Helena" GG Father born 1821, came to South Australia aged 18.

      Any info would be most appreciated.
      Ally Morgan
    • Ian Morris
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 17, 2010
        Indeed it is nice to suddenly see so much activity, so I would also like to re-post my St Helena interest.

        My wife's great-grandfather, Charles Wade emigrated from St Helena to Cape Town in the early part of the last century. If anyone should happen to have any information on him, or the Wade surname on St Helena, I would be very grateful.

        I know there is a Captain Wade's House on the island, but have never been able to find out any information on who this Capt Wade was.

        Many thanks for all and any helps and pointers

        Kind regards
        IAN

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 19, 2010

          Are you perhaps related to Rupert Wade, who married Barbare Madelene Lloyd although she changed her name to MacKenzie before her marriage? I know they lived in Pretoria. She is my fathers eldest sister and we lost complete contact with her when she came back from the North after WW2. Was in the Medical corps.
          Isebelle E.Krauss*Lloyd
          27 954 6666 h
          082 851 5648 mobile
           011 645 1606 office

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 21, 2010
            Hi Isebelle

            The Wade's are on my wife's side of the family, but I do not know as to whether there is any connection with Rupert Wade. Where was he from originally, do you know?

            Her great-grandfather came from St Helena to Cape Town early in the 20th century and had 10 children. It is quite possible that there is a connection, but I do not know for sure. It has been very difficult trying to find information.

            Kind regards
            IAN

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010

              Isebelle E.Krauss*Lloyd
              27 954 6666 h
              082 851 5648 mobile
               011 645 1606 office

              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 22, 2010
                Hi Isebelle

                Ah, yes there was a rather famous Wade family in Durban, no relation to my wife's side of the family though. Have you looked on M-Web's Ancestry site? If I recall correctly I am sure there is some information there on the Wades of Durban.

                Kind regards
                IAN